It is to much excitement for me to be able to announce our wonderful news of Baby #2! We are thrilled to be expecting the end of March 2014 and had a great Labor Day Weekend telling both of our families in a special way! We looked around for the perfect BIG BROTHER shirt but there was none to be found in Isaiah's size (apparently they expect the BIG brother to be much bigger than 12 months...) We shopped at several stores and saw a few but some were long sleeved and well just not what we had in mind, so me being the "crafty" one decided we should have just made a shirt anyways, well I worked on the Friday morning into afternoon and decided to make a shirt after I got off at 3 before our birthday party for my dad at 6?!? So we hurried over to the local Hobby Lobby and since I didn't have time to paint it we found wonderful iron on decals, letters, and numbers that would do the trick! So we went to my parents and said I was working on a present for my Dad...
It turned out great although he almost came up because he heard the iron beeping!
The back surprisingly enough was what everyone noticed, I guess the brown and green blended too much!
This was him wearing the shirt the first night when we told my family, we went home to tell Aunt GiGi since she wasn't able to come mini golf!
Make shift sippy since we forgot his!
He loved playing with the golf ball in the hole!
We ended up telling my family at Culvers after mini-golf so we were able to all get seated and get our food then went to change him and handed him to my dad saying Happy Birthday :) They were thrilled!
So big walking with daddy!
Cousin buddies
We were going to tell Matthew's family on Sunday but ended up waiting till Monday at a picnic since his grandparents would be there! He was wearing a new camo hat and that ended up distracting everyone till they saw the back of his shirt! It was pretty fun seeing the surprise in their faces, of course our laughter waiting for them to notice kinda gave it away! All in all it was a fun time telling both families and seeing the different reactions!
Peas in a pod
It was fun that we were able to have an ultrasound before we told as well so we could share these pictures with our families! I was having some back pain so they wanted to check it out and it all looked fine, I've been walking so I'm trying different shoes I have and insoles before I go to a chiropractor hoping they do the trick! The baby was very active and the tech even showed us some 3-D images which was pretty neat! Makes me want one when we are further along?!? On a side note, Matthew was having dreams and hoping we were having twins, so it was nice to know there was only one when we told our families as well, I'm not sure how this momma would do with twins! So for now we are going to be a family of four! Maybe next time ;)
I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and so far have had a wonderfully smooth pregnancy, we are hoping it goes just as well if not better than the first! :) :)









No comments:
Post a Comment